[EstateEngine] Setup "submitting a property" form
Since "submitting a property" is the main action of users, it's also the crucial entrance for you to get profits. This section cannot be missed. Visit Engine Settings > Settings > Payment and go through the following steps to complete the settings:
Choose the payment gateways > Create package plans > Decide additional information
1. Choose the currency format and payment gateways Currency
There are many flexible currency codes, signs to meet your need. number format (decimal point or thousand separators). You can easily find it at the first section of Payment tab.
Payment gateways DirectoryEngine is supported with three popular payment gateways: PayPal, 2CheckOut, and of course Cash. You can decide which payment gateways you want to use and disable the others.
2. Create payment plans
Payment plans are price packages which you can create for your users to choose when posting properties.
Each payment plan shows the price, the time period for each property will be shown on your site and the number of projects can be posted.
• Adding new payment plan: Insert all the needed information and hit Save button to create a new plan.
- Enter a name for your plan: insert a name for the payment plan
- Price: insert the price for the plan
- Availability: decide how many days this plan will be available
- Number of properties can post in each listing: decide how many events an employer can post using this plan.
- Short description of this package: enter a short description of this plan.
- Featured place: once you select this option, the places which are posted using this plan will be marked as featured.
• Limit free plan use: enter the max number of the free plans that user can choose in order to avoid the this feature overuse.
• Edit a payment plan You can also edit the created plans by clicking the Pen icon next to it.
After complete all the crucial settings, you can use the Payment Test Mode to check it. Once you enable this function, you can test the payment without charging your account.
According to your settings, whenever the user posts a listing, they will see the payment system appear like below.
3. Decide additional information
Beside the above settings, you can decide additional information for the property posting with the options:
• Maximum number of pictures in gallery
• Maximum number of categories
• Pending post:
• View counter
Find them at Engine settings > Settings > Content
4. Create categories and location
You can set up the categories for the properties in this section:
- To create a new category:
• Click the " Plus" symbol.
• Insert a name for the category.
• Choose a color representing the category.
• Choose a symbol standing for the category.
- After that, you can also set sub-categories for the main one.
• Click the "plus" symbol.
• Follow the steps like what you did to create a new category.
- If you don’t want the old category to exist anymore, you can absolutely delete it by clicking the "X" symbol.
- You can also arrange the order of the categories by dragging them to the right position.
Similarly, please do the same things to the location categories, this section allows you to create the locations for the properties.
Please note that this is not related to the addresses users submit when posting a property. This address is located in the map based on Geolocation, you don’t have to set up anything. The user has to insert the right address to display it on the map.
• Click the "plus" symbol to make a new location. Then press "Enter".
• You can create sub – locations for one location by clicking the "plus" symbol at the end of the main location.
• In addition, you can also arrange the order of the locations just like the way you do with place categories.
• And of course, by clicking the "X" symbol, you can delete the location if you don’t want it anymore.
For the newborn website, you can allow users to submit properties for free to get traffic. Choose Engine settings > Settings > Payment and find the option "Free to submit place" Once you've had your loyal users, you can disable this function and create package plans like guidance above.