AE Custom Fields guide (Obsoleted)
The AE Custom Field plugin was removed from our store.
1. A quick look at AE Custom Fields Guide
AE Custom Fields is an extension which provides admin to create a more specific posting form. Admin can add more fields to the form for more information.
Downloading and activating AE Custom Fields on your DirectoryEngine, FreelanceEngine, DinningEngine, and EstateEngine. There are two ways for you to install AE Custom Fields: Automatic plugin installation and Manual plugin installation.
1. Download AE Custom Fields from your EngineThemes account.
2. Go to Plugins > Add new > Upload > Choose AE Custom Fields and upload it.
3. If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it.
1. After purchasing AE Custom Fields, download it from your EngineThemes account.
2. Extract the downloaded file into your wp-content > plugins folder.
3. Activate the plugin in “ Plugins” tab in the back-end.
2. Back-end settings
There are two tabs in the back-end: Meta fields and Taxonomy. Each of these tabs provides admin different ways to input values:
- Meta fields: this field allows admin to choose 2 different types for customers to insert values: Text, Textarea.
- Taxonomies: admin can decide which type will appear on the front-end when their customers post or edit a post:
- If you want to allow your customers to choose more than one option, you should choose the Checkbox type or Multiselect type.
- In contrary, you should choose the Select type or Radio type.
To add new fields , following the image instructions below:
- Choose Engine settings > Custom fields > then fill all the empty fields. The required information is similar to the two tabs: Meta fields and Taxonomies.
- However, if you create new fields in Taxonomies under the "Select type"/ "Radio type"/"Check post" type or "Multi - select type", you also have to input value for them:
- After creating a new field, you'll find it in the "Places" section. For example, when you create a field named "Option taxonomy", you can see it in the "Places" section as below:
- Click on it and you can start input the value. Fill in the required section and click "Add new category".
3. How the AE Custom Fields appears in the Front end
With the AE Custom Fields, there are 4 displaying styles when users add or change a post:
- Multiselect style
- Select style
- Radio style
- Checkbox style: different from Radio style, you can select different options with this style