3.11. How to set up payment via MjE Paystack extension
Paystack is the new way for the Nigerian to accept payments online. So MjE Paystack payment gateway is built for MicrojobEngine users who are running their businesses in Nigeria and want to accept payments from both local and international customers.
MjE Paystack Back-end Settings
Similar to other payment gateway extensions of MicrojobEngine theme, MjE Paystack is easy to set up. Within a few simple steps, everything will be done.
1. Install and activate MjE Paystack Extension
- From your Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add New to add MjE Paystack plugin.
- Then, activate MjE Paystack as the image below:
- Change the payment currency
To use Paystack payment gateway, you must change the code and sign of your current payment currency into that of the Nigerian currency:
- Enable/Disable payment test mode feature
You can select to either enable or disable payment test mode feature, allowing you to test payment without any charge.
- Paystack general settings
From your admin dashboard, go to Engine Settings → Paystack → General Settings to set up.
In this section, you have to enable Paystack payment gateway and enter the Paystack API, including the live secret key and live publishable key into API Config (in case you disable the Payment Test Mode feature).
Get Paystack API Live secret key & Live publishable key
Here are the steps to help you get the Paystack Live API Keys:
- Create your Paystack account at https://dashboard.paystack.co/#/signup
- Once you successfully sign up, a pop-up is automatically shown up. In order to get a live secret key and live publishable key, click on “Send in your go-live request” link to request to go live.
- Once you click on that link, you’ll be redirected to the Request Go Live form. In this step, you must fill in all required fields and click on “Request to live” button to complete.
- After your account is successfully activated to use Paystack in live mode, you can easily copy your public and secret keys from Paystack (Settings → Developer/API).
- Finally, paste these live secret key & published key into API Config field from your admin dashboard (Engine Settings → Paystack → General Settings → API Config).