3.13. How to set up payment via MjE PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal Express Checkout is a payment method that allows you to accept online credit cards and add PayPal as a payment option on your site. It gives your buyers a simplified checkout experience, letting them use their PayPal balance, bank account, or credit at checkout without sharing or entering any sensitive information during the payment process. Your buyers are also kept on your site after completing the transaction.
PayPal Express Checkout accepts payments via PayPal account or credit cards which are integrated with an exist PayPal account.
- MicrojobEngine 1.3.2+
- PHP 5.5+
PayPal Express Checkout Back-end Settings
PayPal Express Checkout not only offers your buyers the ease of convenience and security but it is also so easy to set up. It only takes you 3 - 5 minutes to install and configure the extension.
1. Install and activate MjE PayPal Express Checkout Extension
- From your Dashboard, go to Plugins → Add New to add MjE PayPal Express Checkout plugin.
- Then, activate this plugin as the image below:
- Enable/Disable payment test mode feature
You can select to either enable or disable payment test mode feature, allowing you to test payment without any charge.
- PayPal Express Checkout settings
As in MicrojobEngine version 1.3.2, we’ve rearranged some stuff for better management, so now all payment gateways are controlled in only one place. Open Engine Settings → Payment Gateways → Choose the “PayPal Express Checkout” tab.
In this section, you have to enable the PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway and enter the API Credentials, including the live client id and live secret (in case you disable the Payment Test Mode feature).
Get PayPal Express Checkout API Credentials
Please note that you must have a Business or Premier PayPal account to accept the online payments using PayPal Express Checkout before getting the API Credentials.
Here are the steps to help you get the API Credentials:
- Visit https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/create to log into your account & create an app to receive REST API credentials for testing and live transactions.
- Fill in all required field to validate the API Credentials. Then, click on “Create App” button to create the app.
- After your account is successfully validated, you will be provided both the sandbox Client ID & Secret and live Client ID & Secret.
- Finally, paste these live client id & live secret into API Credentials field from your admin dashboard.
In the next step, you must enter a unique prefix if your PayPal account is used for multiple websites since PayPal doesn’t allow orders with the same invoice number.
We also offer you the Button Styles section for customizing the PayPal Express Checkout button. So, you can select button shape and color as you want.
Let’s install this plugin and start accepting payments online!